This healthy blueberry and coconut water homemade ice pole recipe is super easy and so delicious.They’re sugar and dairy free, so they make a great healthy and refreshing treat for the whole family.
Prep time: 10 minutes +minimum of 4 hours freezing time
makes: 8 – 10 Freeze n Squeeze ice poles
best for: kids over 1 year
2 cups of fresh or frozen blueberries
1 ½cups of fresh plain coconut water
1 or 2 tablespoons of honey or real maple syrup (optional)
Use the blender function on your steamer blender, and blend the blueberry and coconut water mixture until smooth, or do a quick blend to leave a bit of texture;
Next add the honey or maple syrup and do a quick blend again;
Portion into ice poles using the handy collapsible funnel that comes with your reusable Freeze n Squeeze ice pole pouches. Don’t forget to leave a space for the mixture to expand whilst freezing;
Finally place in your freezer for a minimum of 4 hours.
Coconut water can be used as a healthy alternative to fruit juice or sugary drinks, andis a rich source of potassium and vitamin C. Blueberries are considered a ‘super food’and contain plenty of fibre, vitamin A and vitamin C.
Babies are recommended to start on solids around 6 months and not before 4 months. Make sure your baby is showing signs they are ready for solids and that you introduce one food at a time initially, after that you are welcome to mix other fruits or veggies with this recipe!
To find out more about starting your baby out on solids safely read our articles here.
This is a Puree for Baby recipe to make bulk servings based on a 1 x full jug of our baby food maker, alter the quantity to suit your serving needs.
This process is detailed using our baby food processor and re-usable food pouches, you can of course alter to your preferred method for steaming/blending and storing (note: make sure you steam rather than boil to retain the nutrients!)
Step by step process:
1. Firstly load the blueberries into a strainer and rinse these under cold water.
2. Then pour all the ingredients into the jug and seal with the lid.
3. Next select the blender function on your Steamer Blender, and blend all the ingredients until smooth;
4. After add the honey or maple syrup and do a quick blend again.
5. Portion into ice poles using the handy collapsible funnel that comes with your reusable Freeze n Squeeze ice pole pouches. Don’t forget to leave a space for the mixture to expand whilst freezing;
6. Finally place the ice poles in your freezer for a minimum of 4 hours.
Check out our other recipes here!
Want to try the products used in the recipe? Find them below:
Checkout our ‘Starting Solids section!
Here you will find all you need to know about starting your baby on solids, food safety and homemade baby food!
We hope you like this Pumpkin and Potato Puree for Baby! If you have doubts related to solids feeding, head to Victoria Government website and learn more!