Zucchini and potato puree for baby makes an excellent first food as both zucchini and potatoes are mild in flavour. This delicious homemade baby puree is quick to cook and easy to blend to make a smooth and creamy zucchini and potato puree for baby.
Prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 10-12 mins
makes: Approx. 4 serves (regular reusable baby food pouches) 6 serves (mini reusable food pouches)
best for: 6 months +, not before 4 months
2 ½ cups of zucchini, washed and diced into small cubes
1 ½ cups of potato washed, peeled and diced into small cubes
½ cup of water
Optional, add breastmilk or formula to give a more creamy texture
As your child gets used to solid food and different flavours you can spice this recipe by adding a small pinch of cumin, coriander or garam masala.
Peel and cut the potato into small cubes;
Wash and cut the zucchini into small cubes (no need to peel);
Use the steaming function on your steamer blender, steam the potato for approximately 10 minutes;
Add the chopped zucchini and steam together for a further 5 minutes or until both veggies are soft;
Place the soft potato and zucchini into the jug and blend;
Portion into reusable baby food pouches;
Zucchini has a high Vitamin C content and has a fresh, soft flavour and texture. Potatoes are high in carbohydrates and provide energy for a growing, active baby.
Babies are recommended to start on solids around 6 months and not before 4 months. Make sure your baby is showing signs they are ready for solids and that you introduce one food at a time initially, after that you are welcome to mix other fruits or veggies with this recipe!
To find out more about starting your baby out on solids safely read our articles here.
This is a Puree for Baby recipe to make bulk servings based on a 1 x full jug of our baby food maker, alter the quantity to suit your serving needs.
This process is detailed using our baby food processor and re-usable food pouches, you can of course alter to your preferred method for steaming/blending and storing (note: make sure you steam rather than boil to retain the nutrients!)
Step by step process:
1. Peel and cut the potato into small cubes;
2. Wash and cut the zucchini into small cubes (no need to peel);
3. Fill the water chamber with water, make sure you don’t go over the max (pre boiled water is recommended to decrease the need to descale)
4. Use the steaming function on your steamer blender, steam the potato for approximately 10 minutes;
5. Add the chopped zucchini and steam together for a further 5 minutes or until both veggies are soft;
6. Take out the basket(s) and remove the water (keep water to one side);
7. Place the soft potato and zucchini into the jug and blend, adding small amounts of breastmilk, formula or water until the desired consistency is met (smoother for younger babies and allow for a rougher texture as your baby gets older);
8. Portion into reusable baby food pouches;
9. Serve with a food pouch spout!
Check out our other recipes here!
Want to try the products used in the recipe? Find them below:
Checkout our ‘Starting Solids section!
Here you will find all you need to know about starting your baby on solids, food safety and homemade baby food!
We hope you like this Pumpkin and Potato Puree for Baby! If you have doubts related to solids feeding, head to Victoria Government website and learn more!