Raspberry, Blueberry and Banana Puree for Baby
This raspberry, blueberry and banana puree for baby is naturally sweet and full of vitamin C. It’s easy to make and full of wholesome fruity goodness which your baby will just love.
Prep time: 10 minutes (shorter if you use pre-cut pumpkin)
cook time: 6-8 minutes
makes: Approx. 4x 150ml serves (regular reusable baby food pouches) 6 serves (mini reusable food pouches)
best for: 6m+ | Berries are not suitable for babies under 6 months.
2 cups of raspberries
2 small ripe bananas, peeled and chopped into cubes
1 cup of blueberries
½ cup of water, breast milk or formula
Pinch of cinnamon (optional)
Wash the raspberries and the bluberries;
Peel the bananas and cut into small pieces;
Use the steaming function on your steamer blender, steam for approximately 6 – 8 minutes or until soft;
Take out the basket(s) and remove the water (keep water to one side);
Place the soft banana and berries into the jug and blend, adding small amounts of water, breastmilk or formula until the desired consistency is met. You can add a small pinch of cinnamon if required;
Portion into reusable baby food pouches;
Serve with a food pouch spoon!
Any banana puree for baby is rich in potassium, vitamins B6, C and B2, contain calcium and iron, and no cholesterol or sodium. Raspberries and blueberries are rich in vitamin C, plus they are a great source of dietry fibre.
NB: While raspberries and blueberries are considered non-allergenic, this does not guarantee that your baby won’t have an allergic reaction. If your baby develops a rash, swollen eyes or lips, or has an upset stomach, avoid feeding your baby berries.
Babies are recommended to start on solids around 6 months and not before 4 months. Make sure your baby is showing signs they are ready for solids and that you introduce one food at a time initially, after that you are welcome to mix other fruits or veggies with this recipe!
To find out more about starting your baby out on solids safely read our articles here.
This is a Puree for Baby recipe to make bulk servings based on a 1 x full jug of our baby food maker, alter the quantity to suit your serving needs.
This process is detailed using our baby food processor and re-usable food pouches, you can of course alter to your preferred method for steaming/blending and storing (note: make sure you steam rather than boil to retain the nutrients!)
Step by step process:
1. Wash the raspberries and the bluberries;
2. Peel the bananas and cut into small pieces;
3. Fill the water chamber with water, make sure you don’t go over the max (pre boiled water is recommended to decrease the need to descale)
4. Use the steaming function on your steamer blender, steam for approximately 6 – 8 minutes or until soft;
5. Take the baskets out and pour the water that has gathered at the bottom into a separate dish (we will use it in a minute).
6. Place the soft banana and berries into the jug and blend, adding small amounts of water, breastmilk or formula until the desired consistency is met. You can add a small pinch of cinnamon if required;
7. Depending on the consistency, pour or spoon into your reusable food pouches.
8. Safe to freeze for up to 6 months or refrigerate for up to 72 hours. (Although it is said to freeze for 1-3 months/ refrigerate up to 48 hours is more prudent).
9. Serve straight from your pouch using a food pouch spoon or spout! .
Check out our other recipes here!
Want to try the products used in the recipe? Find them below:
Checkout our ‘Starting Solids section!
Here you will find all you need to know about starting your baby on solids, food safety and homemade baby food!